Health benefits of swimming
Swimming provides a great workout because you need to move your whole body against the resistance of the water. Swimming is a good all-round low impact activity that helps to,
- Keeps your heart rate up but takes some of the impact stress off your body
- Builds endurance, muscle strength and cardiovascular fitness
- Helps maintain a healthy weight, healthy heart and lungs
- Tones muscles and builds strength
- Swimming is a relaxing and peaceful form of exercise that helps alleviating stress
- Improves coordination, balance, posture, and flexibility
- Swimming also provides good low-impact therapy for those suffering from sports injuries
Swimming at CSC
The CSC pool, in daily use since 1938, is one of the few one-hundred foot swimming pools in Sri Lanka. The pool has the distinction of having been the training ground of international swimmers including Britain’s Olympic gold medallist, David Wilkie.
The CSC swimming pool is the focal point of the club with easy access from the lobby, restaurant area, poolside dance floor and comes with a spectacular view of the Indian ocean.
The changing rooms built recently are equipped with hot and cold water showers, steam rooms, dressing cubicles and an air flow system providing fresh air into the facility. The pool is equipped with the latest filtration units and pumps.
The club also provides a kiddies pool for those early members below the age of five years.
For member’s guest there will be a swimming guest fee of Rs. 200
The pool is open to members and guests from 6.00 a.m. through 8:30 p.m. daily.
Coaching in swimming is available upon request at no charge. Life guards are available per roster.
In the interest of your safety and that of other pool users, strict adherence to all rules and regulations governing pool usage is expected