Benefits of playing squash
Playing squash regularly provides excellent all round health benefits, particularly to the heart and lungs. Squash can help build strong muscles in the legs and buttocks. The sport requires quick movements and lunges which improve muscle tone.
Watch out for these common injuries,
- Muscle strain in your arms, legs and back – make sure you warm up slowly and take extra care if it has been a while since you played squash.
- Colliding with the wall, your partner, or your partner’s racquet can also leave you with bruises.
- Overuse can cause tendonitis in the elbow (tennis elbow).
- Take care that the ball or your partner’s racquet doesn’t get you in the eye. You can wear eye protection which will reduce the risk of injury.
Playing squash at CSC – What you need to know-
CSC has one indoor wooden floored squash court.
- Courts are open from 6.00 a.m. to 9.00 p.m.
- It is mandatory for all players to use appropriate footwear (non marking shoes).
- Coaching facilities are available on request.
- Members may book the squash court on a first come first served basis.
- Court charges are Rs.450.00 per hour debited to the member’s account.
- Members may invite guests to play at a charge of Rs. 600/ hour per guest. It is mandatory for the members to be present where the guest is on the premises during all times.