CSC has long maintained a tradition of unmatched food and beverages. Our large professionally equipped kitchen employs a staff of thirty including chefs specializing in Continental, Sri Lankan, Chinese and Indian Cuisine. We also have a talented pastry chef.
In addition to the club restaurant and its much loved bar, Tony’s Tavern, kitchen and bar services are available anywhere on the premises.
Named in memory of a particularly active and longstanding member of the swimming club, the late Tony Horsfall, Tony’s Tavern is a snug, yet well-stocked bar that combines a warm state of the art ambiance with a range of modern facilities.
- Members/Guests in sweaty attire, after a workout/games are not permitted entry.
- No flip flops/rubber slippers are permitted in the bar.
- Slippers of any kind is not permitted after 7 pm.
- Sandals are permitted after 7 pm. Close shoes are preferred.
CSC’s modern restaurant, Arthur’s Space opened in 2002. The restaurant is airy and open yet sheltered from the storms of the monsoon season. A wide variety of western, oriental and Sri Lankan cuisine is offered.
The restaurant’s name commemorates one of the club’s most famous members, the late science fiction writer and inventor of the communications satellite, Sir Arthur C. Clarke.
- The bar is closed on Mondays and is open on Weekdays from 4 pm to 12 mid night.
- The bar will remain open on Saturdays and Sundays from 11 am to 12 midnight.
- The bar will be closed on Poya Days & on special holidays indicated by the excise department.
Timings for service
6:30 pm to 11:30 pm on Fridays only.
Sundowner can accommodate 100 pax seated in total, if needed can be extended up to 120 pax in informal seating.
Members are requested to call-in for table reservations (Direct Hotline 0777 767764 – Extn: 744). They can also ensure their availability for private parties/functions.
Parties will be accepted on following conditions:
- Parties will not be accepted on Fridays and other Club nights.
- No BBQs or Show cooking inside the Sundowner.
- No decor is permitted on walls for parties.
- Private music or DJ is allowed until 12.00 midnight only.
- No Smoking inside the Restaurant. Smoking is permitted on Terrace.
- Dress Code: Smart Casual (will be strictly monitored). Gents- Only collared shirts knit or woven permitted. Trousers and covered shoes mandatory. Shorts, sandals, collarless shirts and sarongs are not permitted. Ladies- No rubber flip flops allowed. General- Swimwear, active wear and athletic wear including such footwear are not permitted. Rubber flip flops or any such kind is NOT allowed at any time.