The advantages of playing badminton
Optimal health benefits are achieved by playing badminton for at least thirty minutes a day after adequate warm up.
The main health benefit is the reduction of bad cholesterol and an increase in good cholesterol with regular badminton play.
Playing regular badminton conditions your body so that the basal heart rate drops a few beats per minute and blood pressure is reduced.
Another important health benefit of playing regular badminton is it protects you from heart diseases, especially heart attacks. Playing badminton conditions and strengthens the heart muscles apart from reducing hypertension and keeping blood vessels from clogging. Even people with pre-existing heart disease can benefit by playing badminton within their endurance levels under medical supervision and advise.
Regular sessions of badminton help overweight people reduce their weight and attain optimal weight for their height and age. This effect is due to the excess calories burnt during the course of playing badminton as it prevents them from accumulating as fat and increasing weight.
Osteoporosis can be prevented or delayed by playing badminton regularly as physical activity is one major factor that prevents osteoporosis irrespective of age and sex of the individual. Playing badminton promotes the activity of bone forming cells and help in the assimilation of calcium within the bone matrix thereby strengthening it.
Finally, playing badminton keeps you feeling well, strong, motivated and enthusiastic. It helps to ward off depression, anxiety, stress and increase self-esteem. It also helps in facilitating a better quality sleep at night. (Source: www.badminton-information.com)
Play badminton at CSC!
- CSC has one indoor wood floored badminton court
- Court availability
- Courts will be available from 6.00 a.m. till 9.00 p.m.
- It is mandatory for all players to use appropriate footwear (non marking shoes).
- CSC members may book the badminton court on first come first served basis.
- Court charges are Rs. 350.00 per hour debited from the member’s account.
- CSC members may invite guests to play at a charge of Rs. 430/ hour per guest. It is mandatory for the member to be present where the guest is on the premises during all times.
- Playing members must bring their own shuttlecocks. Coaching facilities are available on request.